After you have lived in a place for several years or more, you probably think about updating the space. Generally, the kitchen and bathrooms are out of date. Therefore, you long for the Ultimate Kitchens & Bathrooms that will make all your neighbors, friends, and relative jealous. However, your current budget does not match your taste. Still, there are several ways to quickly update your kitchens and bathrooms while you save for the complete renovation or redecorating. Here, we will cover a few simple bathroom and kitchen updates that you can easily complete now.
Take a look at your bathroom. Perhaps, the wallpaper is starting to peel. Your old linoleum floors look terrible. The fixtures are outdated and have lost their glow. Now, is the time to take a weekend to update the look of your bathroom. Start by removing the old wallpaper and adding a fresh coat of paint to the walls in eggshell white or another neutral color that blends with anything. Next, remove that old linoleum rug that is starting to crumble and add tiles to the floor. Finally, remove all the outdated fixtures and add brand new brass fixtures to the mix. Now, your bathroom is updated and has joined the new century. Here are a few other inexpensive ways to quickly update your bathroom.
- Remove old shower curtains and add fresh new shower curtains in a new design or a neutral shade that matches the bathroom decor
- Add shelves in a texture or color that matches the accessories in the bathroom
- Add fresh flowers that are in season to a vase or artificial flowers in a vase for a brilliant splash of color
These simple, yet elegant touches create a very inviting and spa like environment in the bathroom.
Most people spend a tremendous amount of time in their kitchen. Certainly, it is one of the favorite rooms in the home and worth the effort to update the space. The fact is that you do not have to spend thousands on a kitchen update. There are several ways to update the kitchen that cost much less than you might imagine. Take a look at the following.
- Add an inexpensive back-splash to your kitchen counters. These are relatively inexpensive and available locally.
- Add matching shelving to the wall or just above the windows
- Add updated knobs and pulls to the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen
- Add a few new and inexpensive kitchen accessories. For example, new towels, pot holders, oven gloves.
- Add a fresh coat of paint in a neutral color to the walls
- Add new lighting fixtures
- Add personal touches. For example, old collectible pots and pans. Add family pictures or some interesting antiques
The secret to really update your home is remembering that less is more appealing. Keeping this in mind will help you to realize your dream of a modern and fabulously updated kitchen and bathroom. A kitchen and bathroom that you will truly be satisfied with.